Seven simple steps to get started
Follow this tutorial to start your journey with Voucherify in seven simple steps.
- Step 1: Sign up for a free trial
- Step 2: Add customers
- Step 3: Add products
- Step 4: Create your first campaign
- Step 5: Integrate with your favorite apps
- Step 6: Share codes with customers
- Step 7: Track your performance
- Help and support
Note that before you get to the 6th step and start distributing incentives, your developers should connect Voucherify to the checkout page so that you can handle redemptions. Read how to plan your integration.
Before continuing you can also watch our Product Demo and learn more about core functionalities
Step 1: Sign up for a free trial
Voucherify gives you 30 days to play around with the platform and test it for free.
Sign up for a free trial. After email confirmation, log in to the Dashboard and configure your account settings.
After creating the account and logging in, it's time to set up your account and project details. Projects enable you to organize different workspaces within a single account. You can separate your production and testing environments or create separate projects for different markets or time zones.
Setting up currency in the project enables you to display values in the desired format, however, our API is currency-agnostic. Changes in project currency don't impact the way API calculates discounts and amounts.
Account settings in short:
- The number of projects that you can create is limited by the selected plan according to the pricing.
- In the Team settings, you can invite new users and manage data access. The Admin (owner of the account) can assign roles to team members and restrict their rights.
- In the Team settings > Billing, the Admin can manage the subscription and payment settings.
Tutorials and How-to Guides:
Step 2: Add customers
Adding customers is optional, however, if you want to execute customer-related limits, you need to pass customer source id.
The point of adding customers to Voucherify is segmentation and targeting. Your audience can be divided into segments based on customers' behavior, interactions with your brand, order history, geographical attributes, and many more. These segments can be used to create promotion rules and trigger auto-messages with promo codes.
Here's how to synchronize customers with the platform:
If you are not interested in uploading your customer data, you can operate on source id property, a unique customer identifier in Voucherify. To help you identify and update customer profiles, you can pass your CRM unique id in the source id field. It can be email, phone number, or other characteristics of your choice.
Customers in short
- You can pass your customers' data using CSV files, CRM integrations, or Customers API.
- Each customer has a unique source id required to validate customer-specific promotion limits.
- You can group customers into segments using static and dynamic filters. Filters that aren’t built-in can be added using custom metadata attributes.
- Here is a complete guide on Customers.
Step 3: Add products
You can add your inventory to the Products section in the Dashboard. Syncing products enables you to create product-specific promotion rules straight from the Dashboard. However, if you don’t want to add a product catalog, you can use product metadata and still execute product-related limits.
- Read more about adding products to the Dashboard.
- Read more about product-specific campaigns without adding products to the Dashboard.
Each product can have many variants called SKUs (stock-keeping units). Voucherify validates all items from the customer's cart when executing product-specific limits, including products and SKUs.
Product-specific rules in short
- Specify what products and in what number can or cannot be in the customer’s cart.
- Define how many items a customer needs to have in the cart.
- Define required prices or subtotal of particular items.
- Decide to which products the discount should be applied to.
- Define a custom attribute that a product or SKU needs to have to be discounted.
Step 4: Run your first campaign
Campaigns and vouchers can be created using the Dashboard or via the API. There is a Campaign Manager in the Dashboard that guides you through the creation of discount coupons, gift cards, loyalty programs, in-cart promotions, referral campaigns, and giveaways.
Let’s go through a typical campaign workflow to understand the key concepts better. Note that this is just an example and both API and the Dashboard give you many ways to customize your campaigns.
Campaign workflow / Quick API reference
|1. Create validation rules|| * Create Validation Rules
|2. Create a campaign with validation rules|| * Create Campaign
* Assign Validation Rules
|3. Send and publish code to a customer using distributions|| Publish Code
|4. The customer redeems the code, and Voucherify checks if it’s valid|| Validate Code
Redeem Code (Client-side)
|5. Track the code and the customer using dashboard metrics|| Get Code Redemptions
List Customer Activity
* Not recommended, we highly encourage you to create campaigns and validation rules using the Dashboard. The Campaign Manager in your Dashboard guides you through each step of the setup and simplifies the process of creating your incentives.
Before we go through the Campaign Manager, meet Voucherify Rules Builder. It creates validation rules – optional limits and purchase conditions that need to be met to make redemption or earn loyalty points.
You can open Rules Builder by clicking the plus in the Validation Rules section. This section enables you to prepare rules beforehand and use them in future campaigns. You can also access Rules Builder when creating a campaign in the Manager and add new rules on the spot. In general, the Builder supports the following groups of rules:
- Audience-related rules define customers eligible for redemption or earning loyalty points.
- Order-related rules refer to order structure and order volume. You can specify the required cart structure and volume (minimum, maximum order amount, number of items, and more).
- Budget rules define redemption limits and campaign budget.
- Many advanced limits including restricting redemption to a code owner and internal redemption limits related to data access.
Visit our dedicated tutorials that will lead you through the Campaign Manager to create your first promo campaign:
- Fixed (standalone) public code
- Unique coupon campaign
- Gift cards campaign
- Referral program
- Loyalty program
- Cart-level promotion
Your first campaign in short
- All campaigns and promotions are created in the Campaign Manager.
- Rules Builder, available in the Validation Rules section and the Campaign Manager, creates optional redemption limits.
- For more guidance on creating your first campaign go here.
Step 5: Integrate with your favorite platforms
Voucherify lets you connect your favorite tools using API and built-in integrations. Visit our integration catalog to see what integrations we offer out-of-the-box:
Step 6: Share codes with customers
Before you manage this step, your developers should connect Voucherify to the checkout page so that you can handle redemptions. Read how to plan your integration.
There are two main concepts in Voucherify that allow you for personalized and trackable incentives delivery. First, you can publish each unique code (coupon, referral code, loyalty card, gift card) to a particular customer using the Dashboard or API. Second, you can use Landing Pages and Distributions that publish and send unique codes to end-customers or 3rd party applications.
Publication means assigning a code to a customer. As a result, the customer becomes a code owner. Publications are required for loyalty cards and referral codes to work properly and are optional for coupons or gift cards. In the case of referral codes, publications enable the application to count referred customers. Loyalty cards need to be assigned to collect customer’s points. Unique coupons and gift cards can also be published to particular customers to secure your incentives from misuse better. Read more about publications.
Distribution is a workflow set up in the Distribution Manager that sends messages from the Dashboard. Messages can be sent to customers or 3rd party applications of your choice. You can use distribution to send plain messages, inform customers about new promotions and send (publish) unique codes. There are two distribution modes:
- Manual messages are a one-time action. Messages are sent after you confirm distribution in the Manager, and then the distribution is completed.
- Automatic distribution triggers messages in response to a predefined action like a customer’s birthday, order status change, a new customer in your database, and many more.
Every time you send a message with a unique code, the code is published to the message receiver. The Distribution Manager supports many channels like emails, SMS, webhooks, MailChimp, Braze, ActiveCampaign, and more. Read our Getting Started Guide on Distributions.
Landing Pages created in your Dashboard are automatically connected to your account. It means that you can use them to collect subscribers, publish, and redeem codes. Incentives that your customers will use on the landing page are validated by Voucherify, and thanks to the real-time tracking, everything is noted in the Dashboard. Landing pages templates are fully customizable to let you design and publish landing pages consistent with your branding and promotion needs. Read more about Landing Pages.
Step 7: Track your performance
Once your codes got to the customers, they can redeem them in connected redemption points (applications/websites that are integrated with Voucherify). Read more about redemptions.
Reports and tracking
Internal reporting system comes down to the following concepts:
- Redemption tracking - each time someone tries to redeem your code Voucherify validates it to cut down misuses and fraud. Redemption result with details is noted in your Dashboard.
- Dashboard reports with a global perspective on your performance. They give you a birds-eye view of what’s working best at the moment.
- Detailed campaign and incentive reports. You can track and monitor each campaign and incentive separately. The Dashboard presents detailed history and stats of each code usage and campaign performance.
- Distribution reports with graphs and activity tab, including distribution updates and a result of each sent message.
- Notifications that automatically notify you when something important happens. You can customize notification channels and events that you want to be informed about.
- Customer activity tracking with 360 customer profile and Activity tab that notes all actions and updates of the customer’s data.
- Data export enables you to analyze your promotions using external tools.
- Quick troubleshooting with filtering comes in handy if there are any issues with your incentives. You can quickly filter codes based on numerous attributes and deactivate them with one click.
The app provides two-sided security and fraud prevention. On the one hand, redemption limits and tracking of every interaction with your campaigns guard you against client-side misuses and enables you to react instantly to any suspicious activity. On the other hand, the app provides high-level account security with controlled data access, multi-factor authentication, SAML login protocol, and detailed account history.
You can read more about reporting and fraud prevention in our docs:
Help and support
Our team is always ready to support you. If you have any questions or need more information about Voucherify capabilities, please reach out to us.
- Contact support if you need any help during your journey with Voucherify.
- Contact sales to discuss your expectations.
- Visit docs for developers.
Your feedback is always highly appreciated. Please share with us all your insights and help us get better!