Voucherify provides integration with Intercom that enables you to deliver unique coupon codes through both the live chat window and via email.
- Voucherify plugins for Intercom
- Integration and configuration
- How to add your customers
- How to send messages with codes to your Intercom customers
Voucherify applications for Intercom
You can connect Voucherify with Intercom by using two applications:
- Voucherify plugin which enables you to send messages from Voucherify dashboard to Intercom customers (described in this guide).
- Voucherify Rewards which provides predefined messages sent instantly from a Messenger window in response to a complaint or other scheduled events (Read more here)
This guide assumes you have already familiarized with the Distribution Manager basics
Send codes from Voucherify dashboard to Intercom customers
In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to automatically distribute specific coupons, personalized messages and promotion info to your Intercom customers by using Voucherify distributions
- Set automatic coupon send out based on specific rules
Voucherify <> Intercom integration
Firstly, you need to connect your Intercom account to Voucherify.
- Click your username and select Integrations
- Expand Intercom integration and click CONNECT 🔄
You'll be redirected to an Intercom integration website with required Voucherify permissions.
- Choose Connect to confirm and finish the integration
- When it's ready, you'll be back to the Voucherify Integrations page. If your account were connected successfully, you'd see it next to the Intercom logo
Add your customers
You can add custom fields (metadata) to pass customer attributes and Intercom tags to customer profiles in Voucherify. For example, you can attach a property source which equals to Intercom and build a customer segment with Intercom audience in Voucherify:
1. Firstly, add all custom attributes to the metadata schema in the Voucherify dashboard ( go here for the step-by-step instructions)
2. Now, create a CSV file with customer's data, you can see an example below. Remember to map user ID from Intercom to customer's source id in Voucherify.
3. When you have a CSV file with customers data, you can import customers to your Voucherify dashboard
While importing your CSV, you need to map added attributes to built-in fields and custom fields visible in the metadata section in the customer profile.
4. Lastly, you can create a segment of customers who receive a message with code. Voucherify segments can be based on built-in properties or custom attributes (metadata). Below, you can see a segment of customers who have a metadata source = Intercom assigned to their profile.
When the segment filters are set, choose Add(7) and Reload. Then, confirm, with SAVE.
Now, you can run distribution and send codes to your Intercom customers from Voucherify dashboard.
Setting up the distribution starts from running the Manager. Go to the Distributions and click the plus.
Manual distribution delivers messages once you confirm its settings with Save and send. Please note that each manual distribution is sent with a 10-minute delay, so you can introduce edits or stop the message delivery within this time.
In Distribution conditions, set the name, define the purpose and choose your audience. Manual distribution delivers messages to a single customer (2) or all customers from the chosen segment (1).
Automatic distribution can trigger a message in response to one of the following actions:
1. Changes in a chosen customer segment:
- Customer entered segment
- Customer left segment
2. Voucher-related activity:
- Gift credits added
- Loyalty points added
- Voucher redeemed
- Voucher redemption rollback
- Reward redemption
3. Cart-related activity (once your order data are synchronized with Voucherify, distribution can respond to changes in customers' orders):
- Order created
- Order update
- Order has been paid
- Order canceled
4. Successful code publication – the message is sent once the code from a campaign is assigned to a customer.
Whether you choose manual or automatic mode, you can set up Marketing Consents when Distribution conditions are ready.
Using Consents, you can set which marketing permissions are required to send messages (1) or disable consents' verification (2).
Channels choice & messages
The next step is about channel(s) configuration. First, enable Intercom channel settings as in the screen below. Note that you can enable many channels within a single distribution.
Now, you can choose between Intercom in-app messages and emails. Provide message details and design the template.
After you confirm distribution, manual messages will be sent with a 10-minute delay, whereas automatic distribution will be triggered every time a customer performs the required action.