Intercom - send in-app messages from Voucherify
Voucherify provides integration with Intercom that enables you to deliver unique coupon codes through both the live chat window and via email.
In this section:
Voucherify apps for Intercom
You can connect Voucherify with Intercom by using two apps:
- Voucherify app which enables you to send messages from Voucherify dashboard to Intercom customers (described in this guide).
- Voucherify Rewards which provides predefined messages sent instantly from a Messenger window in response to a complaint or other scheduled events (Read more here)
This guide assumes you have already familiarized with the Distribution Manager basics
Send codes from Voucherify dashboard to Intercom customers
In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to automatically distribute specific coupons, personalized messages and promotion info to your Intercom customers by using Voucherify distributions
- Set automatic coupon send out based on specific rules
Voucherify <> Intercom integration
Firstly, you need to connect your Intercom account to Voucherify.
- Click your username and select Integrations
- Expand Intercom integration and click CONNECT 🔄
You'll be redirected to an Intercom integration website with required Voucherify permissions.
- Choose Connect to confirm and finish the integration
- When it's ready, you'll be back to the Voucherify Integrations page. If your account were connected successfully, you'd see it next to the Intercom logo
Add your customers
You can add custom fields (metadata) to pass customer attributes and Intercom tags to customer profiles in Voucherify. For example, you can attach a property source which equals to Intercom and build a customer segment with Intercom audience in Voucherify:
1. Firstly, add all custom attributes to the metadata schema in the Voucherify dashboard ( go here for the step-by-step instructions)
2. Now, create a CSV file with customer's data, here's an example:
3. When you have a CSV file with customers data, you can import customers to your Voucherify dashboard
While importing your CSV, you need to map added attributes to built-in properties in Voucherify and custom attributes visible in the metadata section in the customer profile
4. Lastly, you can create a segment of customers who receive a message with code. Voucherify segments can be based on built-in properties or custom attributes (metadata). Below, you can see a segment of customers who have a metadata source = Intercom assigned to their profile.
When the segment filters are set, choose Add(7) and Reload. Then, confirm, with SAVE.
Now, you can run distribution and send codes to your Intercom customers from Voucherify dashboard.
To run the distribution, you need to open a manager in the Distributions section.
In the first stage, choose between manual and auto message option:
manual mode sends codes right after finishing the distribution and clicking SEND,
- auto mode sends messages if customers match predefined criteria in the future and thus enter a particular segment
Go here to learn more about Voucherify Distributions
Let's leave manual message option selected, and go to the second stage
Select a distribution purpose. If you're going to send promo codes, choose a respective campaign in the next step
Now, select the previously-created segment of customers. You'll see the list of receivers who will get codes
Enter the name of your distribution
In 5th stage, c
To customize your message template, change the template to Configurable Flyer.
Auto mode sends messages to Intercom customers automatically when they join a particular Voucherify segment. Firstly, you need to create a Voucherify segment that defines the message trigger and secondly, set automatic distribution in the manager.
The Voucherify segment defines what criteria triggers coupon distribution, and it is created by using built-in customer attributes or metadata properties:
- Enter the Customer view in the Voucherify
- Select segment criteria as in the picture below and ADD FILTER
Go to the Distribution view and run the manager
Choose the automatic mode
Select a distribution purpose. If you're going to send promo codes, choose a respective campaign in the next step.
Define your audience by choosing the segment created in the first step
Title your message
After designing your message, confirm with SET LIVE
Intercom App Store
Check out Voucherify integration at Intercom App store and learn more details.