Intercom - send in-app messages from Voucherify
In this section:
- Voucherify apps for Intercom
- Integration and configuration
- Syncing customers and Intercom tags in Voucherify
- Messages with codes sent from Voucherify dashboard to Intercom customers
- Voucherify promo codes sent straight from messenger window
Voucherify apps for Intercom 💙
You can connect Voucherify with Intercom by using two apps:
- Voucherify app which enables you to send messages from Voucherify dashboard to Intercom segments.
- Voucherify Rewards which provides predefined messages sent instantly from a Messenger window in response to a complaint or other scheduled events (Read more here)
This guide assumes you have already familiarized with the Distribution Manager basics 👌🏼
Send codes from Voucherify dashboard to Intercom customers 📲
Voucherify provides full integration with Intercom People & Engage modules. First of all, you can deliver unique coupon codes through both the live chat window and via email. Second, Voucherify syncs customer details & events so your promo campaigns will always be contextual and more personalized.
In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to automatically distribute specific coupons, personalized messages and promotion info to your Intercom customers by using Intercom tags and Voucherify segments 👇🏻
- Set automatic coupon send out based on specific rules
Voucherify <> Intercom integration 💎
Firstly, you need to connect your Intercom account to Voucherify and sync your data.
- Click your username and select Integrations 🔄
- Expand Intercom integration and click CONNECT 🔄
You'll be redirected to an Intercom integration website with required Voucherify permissions.
- Choose Connect to confirm and finish the integration ✅
- When it's ready, you'll be back to the Voucherify Integrations page. If your account were connected successfully, you'd see it next to the Intercom logo 👏🏼
Syncing customers and Intercom tags in Voucherify 🔄
Now, you can start syncing your Intercom data. It enables you to build dynamic Voucherify segments of Intercom customers.
From the moment you start syncing your data, each time new user appears in Intercom, he/she is automatically added to Voucherify Customers section. Keep in mind it works only for new customers added after syncing with Voucherify 👨🏻👩🏻
If you'd like to create a distribution to Intercom users who are already in your Intercom database, you need to use Intercom tags. After you connect accounts and 'start syncing' with Voucherify you can use tags to segment customers. If you add any tag to users in Intercom, all tagged customers will appear in the Voucherify dashboard equipped with the added tag. In this case, it doesn't matter if a user entered your database before or after syncing with Voucherify, all tagged users are visible in the Voucherify Customers section. The only condition is that the tag needs to be added after syncing both accounts.
Build dynamic segments 🏃
Before you open a distribution manager, you need to build segments. Here's how to do it (after accounts are connected and syncing is on):
1. Add a tag to all Intercom users that will receive your message from Voucherify
2. Go to customers section in Voucherify dashboard and search these users by using the following filters:
- metadata which is a 'name of your tag
' that needs to be set true as in the 2nd screenshot
3. Reload and create a dynamic segment with tagged users which later on will be the audience in your distribution✉️
Now, you can send codes and messages to your Intercom users. Let's go through the manager and explore available options 😍
Intercom distribution 📤
To run the distribution, you need to open a manager in the Distributions section.
In the first stage, choose between manual and auto message option:
manual mode sends codes right after finishing the distribution and clicking SEND,
- auto mode sends messages if customers match predefined criteria in future and thus enter a particular segment
Go here to learn more about Voucherify Distributions 💡
Manual mode 🙌
Let's leave manual message option selected, and go to the second stage ➡️
Select a distribution purpose. If you're going to send promo codes, choose a respective campaign in the next step ➡️
Now, select the segment of your Intercom customers. You'll see the list of receivers who will get codes 📖
Enter the name of your distribution ✏️
In 5th stage, c
To customize your message template, change the template to Configurable Flyer and choose from the following options:
- compose an HTML message with text, links, and images
- place unsubscribe link
- use merge tags:
- customer name, email
- coupon code in text format
- coupon code in QR format
- voucher's value
Below the text editor, you can add optional reminders. They remind your customer in case of some codes remain
Go here to learn more 💡
When it's ready, choose SEND to confirm your distribution and deliver coupon codes straight to your Intercom clients.
Automatic distribution 🤖
Auto mode sends messages to Intercom customers automatically when you assigned them to a particular tag. Firstly, you need to create a Voucherify segment defined by an Intercom tag and secondly, set automatic distribution in the manager.
Voucherify segment defines what tag triggers coupon distribution, and it is created by using metadata property:
- Enter the Customer view in the Voucherify
- Select segment criteria as in the picture below and ADD FILTER
Confirm segment with SAVE.
Go to the Distribution view and run the manager 👨🏻💼
Choose the automatic mode 🤖
Select a distribution purpose. If you're going to send promo codes, choose a respective campaign in the next step 🎯
Define your audience by choosing the segment created in the first step 👨🏽 👩🏽
Title your message ✏️
After designing your message, confirm with SET LIVE 😎
Here are some examples of messages that you can send:
Great job! 🎉
If you want to learn more about possibilities that Intercom and Voucherify integration offers, visit our blog!
Intercom App Store
Check out Voucherify integration at Intercom App store and learn more details.