This guide assumes you have already familiarized with the Distribution Manager basics.
MailChimp - as one of the most popular marketing tools, MailChimp has a special place on our integration bench. Our connector allows you to tap into many MC strengths, including:
- Merge tags - assign unique coupons to MailChimp members through the merge field system
- Sync list dynamically - build segments on top of lists imported automatically from MailChimp
In this section:
In this section we are going to show you:
How to sync a customer's list and metadata with Voucherify
How to attach a code to MailChimp profiles
How to attach codes automatically to every new user on the list
How to send attached codes automatically by using MailChimp automations
How to export codes from Voucherify to a customer list and use them in a MailChimp campaign
- Video tutorial with automatic distribution of codes to the synced MailChimp list
If you prefer to watch a movie, watch this video tutorial and learn how to send unique codes in MailChimp messages automatically.
Voucherify <> MailChimp integration
To connect your MailChimp account to Voucherify, follow these steps:
1. Click your profile name, and choose Integrations
2. Press MailChimp to expand the options
3. Choose Connect to authorize access to MailChimp account. That’s it!
Sync customer's list with Voucherify
Once your MailChimp account is connected, sync customer’s lists and their metadata with Voucherify:
1. Click the Select a list drop-down menu
2. Select a list to sync with and add additional properties as metadata
3. Confirm with the START SYNCING and it’s ready. Your lists are synced and you can now attach Voucherify codes to customers from added lists.
Please note that syncing customers starts at the moment you connect both accounts. That means only new customers, added to the lists after you enable syncing, will be automatically visible in Voucherify dashboard.
Attach codes to MailChimp lists
Straight from Voucherify, codes can be sent out to customer’s profiles in MailChimp.
To begin with, you need to:
1. Create a campaign with coupon codes that you want to assign to synced customers.
In case you don't know the number of codes to be published in the dynamic mode, click the AUTO-UPDATE option in the 3rd step of the creator. Such a campaign will be auto-extended with a new code after an original pool of codes has been used.
2. Open the Distribution view and run the manager with the Plus
Automatic distribution to a MailChimp synced list
In the creator, go through the following steps:
- Choose AUTO MESSAGE
- Select a distribution purpose - send unique codes from a campaign
Choose your audience. The purpose is to define your receivers by selecting a customer segment. By default, the creator suggests MailChimp members from the chosen list, but you can still filter them out with additional criteria. For example, you can pluck out Canadians only:
1. Select a property, e.g. Country2. Set a condition, e.g. is3. Define a value e.g. Canada4. Confirm with ADD FILTER
- Write the message subject (which becomes a distribution identifier after setting it live)
MailChimp channel, add a synced MailChimp list (receivers), and a name for
merge tag, a
uniquelabel which identifies your code in customer's profile
Voucherify will make sure that the same code won't be published ever again.
From the moment you confirm with Set live, distribution starts. When a customer enters the synced MailChimp list, Voucherify automatically assigns a code from the chosen campaign to his profile.
When you have the code in MailChimp, you might want to push it out to customer’s mailbox. In the next paragraph, we are going to show you a MailChimp automation which allows you to send Voucherify codes automatically after they get assigned to customer’s profiles.
Assuming that your codes are already assigned, we can start to set the automation workflow and deliver coupons in nicely design email, straight to customer’s mailbox.
- Choose Create campaign in your MailChimp user account
- Select Create an email and then, Automated option
- Mark Welcome new subscribers to set a segment-based send out
In the next step, name your automation and choose a list of customers
Now, we get to the key point, settings of the automation workflow:
- With Edit schedule and Edit trigger you can specify the automation timing
- Edit segment defines what condition a customer has to match to get an email with the code. In this case, the message is sent automatically when the merge tag with the code from the Voucherify distribution appears in a customer's profile. MailChimp filters enable you to add this rule by a merge tag name combine with is not blank option
Note: If you haven't synced any customer with Voucherify yet, the merge field you've put in the Distribution creator won't be visible in the combobox above. You should add it to the list manually, for more see the docs http://kb.mailchimp.com/merge-tags/use-merge-tags-to-send-personalized-files#Create-and-Update-List-Fields
Confirm with Save segment to get to the next step. To personalize an email with your template use Design email and go through 3 stages of its creation:
- Setup (put the email subject, signature, etc.)
- Template (choose from saved templates or create a new one)
- Design (fit your template into a current subject and add merge tags with the code)
Once the template is ready:
1. Choose Save and Return to Workflow
2. Select Confirm and MailChimp displays workflow’s review
To finish, set automation live by using Start workflow. In response, the moment a code is assigned, a predefined email with the coupon is sent automatically to the customer’s inbox.
Manual distribution to MailChimp synced lists
Finish the process with SEND and the message with a code goes to the MailChimp profiles instantly.