Create unique coupons campaign
The Campaign Manager enables you to create dozens of unique coupon codes. In this kind of campaign, each coupon is defined by one-off code, so you can assign (publish) each of them to a particular customer and track all the codes.
This article assumes you have already familiarized yourself with the Coupons Ultimate Guide.
- Run the Manager
- Add campaign details
- Define campaign timeframe
- Add discount details
- Add metadata (optional)
To start, go to the Campaigns section and run the manager with the Plus.
Select the Discount coupons campaign.
In the creator, go through the following steps:
Step 1: Program size
In the first section, provide general details of your coupon campaign.
- Select bulk codes to create a unique codes campaign.
- Name your campaign.
- Provide an optional description and category of the campaign.
- Set the code redemption limit - redemption limit per single unique code:
- X number of times
- Define Code count (the initial batch of codes that you'd like to generate)
If you don't know how many codes you're going to need, activate the auto-update mode. As a result, Voucherify will generate new codes automatically when the initial part of the codes runs out.
- Advanced code settings enables you to define the code pattern (optional)
- Decide if a customer can join only once – when the same customer requests another discount code, Voucherify will not generate a new code for this end-user. Therefore, one customer can only receive one discount code assigned (published) from a particular promotional campaign.
When ready, go to the Next step.
Step 2: Timeframe (optional)
In the second section, define the optional time limits of your campaign.
- Start and expiration dates.
- Code validity timeframe (recurring time periods when codes are active).
- Codes valid only on particular days of the week.
- The timer on voucher validity after publication (code is active X time after its delivery to the end-customer).
Step 3: Discount value
In the 3rd step, choose the discount type and define its value. Read more in The Complete Discounts Guide.
You can offer your customers different discount types and by using discount effects, decide how the discount will be applied to the order:
- Whole cart - discount is applied to the total order amount.
- Items - discount is applied to the subtotal of each item or to subtotals of items specified by validation rules (included products).
- For amount discounts, you can choose to divide the discount so each included item is discounted proportionally to its share in the total discounted products amount or proportionally to its quantity.
Next, you can establish validation rules that are going to model your desired redemption conditions. Create new validation rules or choose from the already existing set of rules.
If you chose apply discount to Items effect, you need to define criteria for discounted items. You can also exclude particular products from applying gift cards.
Below discounted and excluded products, you can see validation rules that model required redemption conditions. You can add product- or order-specific limits or decide that only customers from the selected customer segment can redeem the gift card.
If you can't find needed rules, switch to the Advanced Rules Builder with the list of all available validation rules.
The details of building the validation rules are described in this guide.
When validation rules are ready, go to the Next step.
Step 4: Metadata (optional)
In the 4th step, you can attach (optional) custom attributes to your vouchers and campaign by using metadata. Read more about metadata.
Step 5: Summary
In the last step, you are going to see a summary of your campaign.
Check if the campaign workflow suits your needs and make adjustments if need be. When the campaign is ready, choose Save and the app will start to generate your coupons instantly. You'll be directed to the campaign dashboard.