Create unique coupons campaign
The Campaign Manager enables you to create dozens of unique coupon codes. In this kind of campaign, each coupon is defined by one-off code, so you can assign (publish) each of them to a particular customer and track all the codes.
This article assumes you have already familiarized yourself with the Coupons Ultimate Guide.
- Run the Manager
- Add campaign details
- Define campaign timeframe
- Add discount details
- Add metadata (optional)
To start, go to the Campaigns section and run the manager with the Plus.
In the creator, go through the following steps:
Select the Discount coupons campaign.
1. Program size
In the first section, provide general details of your coupon campaign.
- Select bulk codes to create a unique codes campaign.
- Name your campaign.
- Provide an optional description and category of the campaign.
- Set the code redemption limit - redemption limit per single unique code:
- X number of times
- Define Code count (the initial batch of codes that you'd like to generate)
If you don't know how many codes you're going to need, activate the auto-update mode. As a result, Voucherify will generate new codes automatically when the initial part of the codes runs out.
- Advanced code settings enables you to define the code pattern (optional)
- Decide if a customer can join only once – when the same customer requests another discount code, Voucherify will not generate a new code for this end-user. Therefore, one customer can only receive one discount code assigned (published) from a particular promotional campaign.
When ready, go to the Next step.
2. Timeframe (optional)
In the second section, define the optional time limits of your campaign.
- Start and expiry dates.
- Code validity timeframe (recurring time periods when codes are active).
- The timer on voucher validity after publication (code is active X time after its delivery to the end-customer).
- Codes valid only on particular days of the week.
3. Discount value
In the 3rd step, choose the discount type and define its value. Read more in The Complete Discounts Guide.
You can offer your customers different discount types and by using discount effects, decide how the discount will be applied to the order:
- Whole cart - discount is applied to the total order amount.
- Items - discount is applied to items specified by validation rules (discounted products or product metadata satisfy), each item is discounted equally.
- Order line items proportionally - discount is divided and applied to items specified by validation rules (discounted products or product metadata satisfy), each item is discounted proportionally to its share in the total amount or proportionally to its quantity.
When the discount is already set, you can assign desired validation rules (optional) to your codes and design proper redemption circumstances.
Create new validation rules or choose from the already existing set of rules.
When you click Create, you'll see a basic validation rules builder (1).
If you won't find needed rules, switch to Advanced Rules Builder (2) with the list of all available validation rules.
The details of building the validation rules are described in this guide.
For instance, you can add product- or order-specific limits or decide that only customers from the selected customer segment can redeem the discount.
When ready, go to the Next step.
4. Metadata (optional)
In the 4th step, you can attach (optional) custom attributes to your vouchers and campaign by using metadata. Read more about metadata.
In the last step, you are going to see a summary of your campaign.
Check if the campaign workflow suits your needs and make adjustments if need be. When the campaign is ready, choose Save and the app will start to generate your coupons instantly. You'll be directed to the campaign dashboard.