FAQ about Coupons & Gift Cards
In this article, you will find FAQs about coupons, vouchers, and gift cards. If you don't find the answer here, contact us directly.
- How to create case-sensitive vouchers?
- Where can I find different code formats?
- What is the auto-update campaign mode?
- Can I add vouchers to existing campaigns?
- How can I delete a campaign?
- How to show customers which coupons they are eligible for?
- How can I copy a campaign?
- What is a Predefined Gift Card campaign?
- How can I monitor gift card spending?
- Can I modify coupons and gift cards once they are generated?
- Are any characters blocked in the code pattern and metadata?
- What is a rollback?
- Can I view and export transactions for a particular Gift Card?
How to create case-sensitive vouchers?
Vouchers are case-sensitive by default, but Voucherify allows you to decide whether you would like to keep this option or change it. You can find this option in the Project Settings.
Keep in mind that you need to establish that before creating new projects and campaigns. It cannot be modified later on.
Where can I find different code formats?
Voucherify supports three types of code formats: text, QR, and barcodes. The last two categories are especially important when running mobile campaigns as they allow your customers to redeem codes on the go.
To see all code formats, create a campaign and go to the Vouchers tab. Select a voucher that you're looking for and click on it to switch to its detailed view.
You may display a QR code straight from this view by selecting the QR code icon next to the bin. If you want to see the barcode, you need to go to the voucher details.
What is the auto-update campaign mode?
The auto-update mode is set with the checkbox in the first step of the Campaign Manager. If you mark this checkbox, your campaign will be auto-extended whenever you try to distribute a new code and the initial batch of codes has already run out.
Can I add vouchers to existing campaigns?
Yes, you can. To do so, follow these steps:
2. After selecting the campaign, go to the Vouchers tab. Hit the plus icon and choose between adding vouchers to an existing campaign or creating brand new vouchers for the project.
Follow this guide for more information.
How can I delete a campaign?
You can delete any of the previously created campaigns or promotions. To do so, open a detailed campaign view and choose the bin icon.
The app will ask you to confirm and mark the following checkboxes:
- Delete permanently – If this flag is set to true, a campaign will be deleted permanently. It means that afterwards user will be able to create the next campaign with the same name.
- Delete validation rules linked to the campaign – If this flag is set to true, validation rules linked to the campaign will be deleted.
- Delete custom validation rules – If this flag is set to true, custom validation rules linked to the vouchers from the campaign will be deleted.
How to show customers which coupons they are eligible for?
How can I copy a campaign?
If you want to release the same campaign or a campaign with a very similar workflow, you can just use the 'Clone Campaign' feature.
What is a Predefined Gift Card campaign?
Each customer in Voucherify has a unique Predefined Gift Card assigned to their account. All these cards are part of a Predefined Gift Cards campaign that enables you to create a unique loyalty program.
Balance loaded on a predefined gift card can be a reward in your referral, loyalty, or giveaway campaign. Thanks to that feature, you can easily build the following workflow:
- A customer shares his/her referral code with friends.
- A new customer utilized the referral code.
- The customer assigned to the referral code gets a $5 extra balance on his/her card automatically.
- The workflow repeats each time the referral code is redeemed again.
How can I monitor gift card spending?
Monitor your gift card spending on a campaign and global level.
The campaign balance is visible from the Campaign view. It informs you about the already redeemed amount and the amount to spend until the campaign ends. If you want to monitor the total amount of all gift cards, go to the Main Project view.
Can I modify coupons and gift cards once they are generated?
Yes, it is possible to modify some parameters of your vouchers. In order to modify your vouchers, you should use either Dashboard or Vouchers API. You will be able to modify the following voucher parameters: category, start date, expiration date, active, additional info, and metadata. Other fields than the ones listed above won't be modified. You will be able to update up to 100 vouchers in bulk by using this API endpoint.
Note that you can also override validation rules applied to the voucher. When it comes to gift vouchers, you can also update the gift card balance by either Dashboard or API.
Are any characters blocked in the code pattern and metadata?
You can use all letters of the English alphabet, Arabic numerals, and special characters in your codes. However, we recommend keeping your codes legible by excluding commonly confused characters (e.g., 0 and O) and sticking to popular characters (e.g., avoiding ¶, §,<,}, etc.)
When it comes to metadata, you can use the following characters:
What is a rollback?
The undoing of redemption can be achieved via API or Dashboard.
Go here to learn more about rollbacks.
Can I view and export transactions for a particular Gift Card?
You can view and export transactions on a particular gift card by navigating to the Transactions tab.