FAQ about Coupons and Gift Cards
In this article, you will find some frequently asked questions regarding your coupons, vouchers, and gift cards. If you don't find the answer here, please don't hesitate to contact us directly.
- How to create case-sensitive vouchers?
- Where can I find different code formats?
- What is the auto-update campaign mode?
- Can I add vouchers to existing campaigns?
- How can I delete a campaign?
- How to show customers which coupons they are eligible for?
- How can I copy a campaign?
- What is a Predefined Gift Card campaign?
- How can I monitor gift card spendings?
- Can I modify coupons and gift cards once they are generated?
- Are any characters blocked in code pattern and metadata?
- What is a rollback?
How to create case-sensitive vouchers?
Vouchers are case-sensitive by default, but Voucherify allows you to decide whether you would like to keep this option or perhaps change it. In order to find this option go to your Project Settings.
Keep in mind that you need to establish that before creating new projects and campaigns and it cannot be modified later on.
Where can I find different code formats?
Voucherify supports three types of code formats: text, QR, and barcodes. The last two categories are especially important when running mobile campaigns as they allow your customers to redeem codes on the go.
In order to see all the available code formats create a campaign and go to the Vouchers tab straight from your Dashboard.
Select a Voucher that you're looking for and click on it to switch to its detailed view.
You may display a QR code straight from this view by selecting the QR code icon next to the bin. If you want to see the barcode, you need to go to the Voucher details.
💡A Friendly Reminder Note
What is the auto-update campaign mode?
The auto-update campaign mode is set with the checkbox in the 1st step of the Campaign Manager.
If you mark this checkbox, your campaign will be auto-extended whenever you'll try to distribute a new code, and the initial batch of codes has already run out.
Can I add vouchers to existing campaigns?
In short – yes, you can. In order to do so, follow these steps:
2. After selecting the campaign, go to the Vouchers tab. Hit the plus icon and here you'll be able to choose between adding vouchers to an existing campaign or creating brand new vouchers for the project:
How can I delete a campaign?
You can delete any of the previously created campaigns or promotions. To do so, open a detailed campaign's view and choose the Bin icon.
The app will ask you to confirm and mark the following checkboxes:
- Delete permanently – If this flag is set to true, a campaign will be deleted permanently. It means that afterward user will be able to create the next campaign with the same name.
- Delete validation rules linked to the campaign – If this flag is set to true, validation rules linked to the campaign will be deleted.
- Delete custom validation rules – If this flag is set to true, custom validation rules linked to the vouchers from the campaign will be deleted.
How to show customers which coupons they are eligible for?
- at the moment of entering your store or reading email/SMS/notification from you,
- at the checkout,
How can I copy a campaign?
If you want to release the same campaign or a campaign with a very similar workflow, you can just use the 'Clone Campaign' feature.
What is a Predefined Gift Card campaign?
Each customer in Voucherify has a unique Predefined Gift Card assigned to their account. All these cards are part of a Predefined Gift Cards campaign which enables you to create a unique loyalty program.
Positive Gift Card balance as a Referral Reward
- A customer shares his/her referral code with friends.
- A new customer utilized the referral code.
- The customer assigned to the referral code gets a $5 extra balance on his/her card automatically.
- The workflow repeats each time the referral code is redeemed again.
How can I monitor gift card spendings?
Monitor your gift card spendings on a campaign's and global level.
Campaigns balance is visible from the Campaign view. It informs you about the already redeemed amount and the amount to spend until the campaign ends.
If you want to monitor the total amount of all gift cards, go to the Main Project view.
Can I modify coupons and gift cards once they are generated?
Yes, it is possible to modify some parameters of your vouchers. In order to modify your vouchers, you should use either Dashboard or Vouchers API. You will be able to modify the following voucher parameters: category, start date, expiration date, active, additional info, and metadata. Other fields than listed above won't be modified. You will be able to update up to 100 vouchers in bulk by using this API endpoint.
Note, that you can also override validation rules applied to the voucher.
When it comes to gift vouchers, you can also update the gift card balance by either Dashboard or API.
Are any characters blocked in code pattern and metadata?
You can use all letters of the English alphabet, Arabic numerals, and special characters in your codes. However, we recommend to keep your codes legible by excluding commonly confused characters (e.g., 0 and O) and sticking to popular characters (e.g., avoiding ¶, §,<,}, etc.)
When it comes to metadata, you can use the following characters:
What is a rollback?
The undoing of a redemption that can only be achieved via API.
Go here to learn more about rollbacks.