FAQ about Distribution
In this article you will find some frequently asked questions regarding distribution and messaging. If you don't find the answer here, please don't hesitate to contact us directly 👋
Messaging limits ✋
Why do I have a limit on messages during a trial?
- Voucherify requires all Users to comply with:
- CAN SPAM Act of 2003,
- Directive 2000/31/EC of the European Parliament and Council of 8 June 2000, on legal aspects of information society services, in particular, electronic commerce in the Internal Market ('Directive on Electronic Commerce'),
- Directive 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament and Council of 12 July 2002, concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector (‘Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications’),
- laws in force of the User’s country of residence.
- The User must provide their true and accurate postal address that will be included in each message footer. The User is required to maintain and promptly update this data to ensure it is current, complete and accurate.
- Each message sent from a Voucherify Account should contain an unsubscribe link.The link automatically updates the mailing list to ensure that a subscriber that has opted out will not be sent any further mailings. The User is not allowed to send messages to any individual that had been added to the mailing list, but later unsubscribed from it.
- Sending emails, SMS, or push notifications with content that:
A. offer or disseminate fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g. make-money-fast schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes), payday loans or engage in any unfair deceptive act or practice;
B. are associated with any form of gambling, betting or bingo- or lottery-type services;
C. are associated with any form of video lotteries, cylindrical games, card games, dicing, and automated games;
D. add, remove or modify the identifying header information, in an attempt to deceive or mislead the recipient;
E. included pornographic material;
- Sending or distributing emails, SMS, or push notifications with:
A. stimulants or drugs;
B. any form of criminal activity;
C. nicotine products;
D. medical services, medical aid, medical assistance, medicines;
- Voucherify strictly enforces the provisions of the Anti-Spam Policy and every violation will be addressed. The degree of the Voucherify's response to violations is proportional to the severity of the breach of this policy.
How can I remove the message limit during trial?
According to our Anti-Spam Policy, to get unlocked the security limits, you have to pass a few checks ✅
One of the primary requirements is to describe the purpose of using our distribution mechanism (especially, to whom and what emails you are going to send). Additionally, please provide us with your company name and address in the Brand Details section in your Project Settings 👇🏼
In addition we highly encourage you to use Marketing Permissions to ensure end-customers' consent to data gathering and processing. In accordance with the GDPR, consent has to be opt-in which means that it should be freely given and that neither pre-checked boxes nor customers’ silence are equal with consent for personal data processing 📒
If you took all the above steps you should contact our Support Center 👋🏼 to get access to bigger messaging limits during the free trial period.
If you decide to purchase a subscription, the limit of the messages will be increased according to the subscription plan you choose ⬆️
What's the difference between automatic and manual distribution?
Manual distribution is a one-time action. You set up the Distribution Manager and confirm with SEND. Right after the distribution is confirmed, the messages are delivered to customers and the distribution is over.
Automatic distribution works differently. In this case, confirmation in the Manager with SET LIVE only starts the distribution. In the Distribution Manager, you need to define what circumstances trigger the message delivery.
For example, if a customer enters the segment called New Customers, send him/her a message. This type of distribution delivers messages automatically every time the trigger conditions are met 🤖
What are 'messages' and 'distributions' in Voucherify?
Voucherify has a Distribution Manager which enables you to send messages to your customers straight from the dashboard via many channels.
'Distribution' defines the process of creating and sending a message. It comes down to set up messages details such as receivers, message trigger, and template in the Distribution Manager.
To start the Manager and set up distribution, open the Distribution section in your dashboard > click on the Plus in the top right corner > fill all the stages of the Manager > confirm with SEND/SET LIVE. Go here for a step-by-step guide.
Distribution Manager in the nutshell:
- You can use the manager to send emails without any external provider.
- You can integrate Voucherify with one of the providers listed here, and send messages from the distribution manager to your external databases (MailChimp lists, Intercom segments, Twilio or Sendgrid customers, etc.).
- Voucherify supports two distribution modes - automatic and manual. In automatic mode, you need to define circumstances that trigger message send out automatically. In manual mode, you only choose the receiver/receivers and right after you confirm the distribution, the message is sent to a customer/customers as a one-time action.
- You can send simple messages with no code, personalized messages with a single promo code or messages with many promo codes at once.
- Each distribution set in the distribution manager can send a message via many channels at once.
Each subscription plan has a monthly limit on messages but there is no limit on a number of distributions you can create. If you choose to send a message via more than one channel, Voucherify counts each message sent from every channel.
What is ‘publication’ and how can I publish codes to my customers?
Publication means assigning a code to the particular customer. Typically, a publication is made by distributing your codes to your customers. From the moment the code was delivered to a customer, it's visible in his/her profile in Voucherify.
Distribution is not the only way to publish vouchers/gift cards to your customers. Let's list them all:
- Manual publish in a detailed voucher view in the dashboard.
- Distribution from Voucherify dashboard by using one of the distribution channels (email, SMS, Intercom, MailChimp, Braze, etc.).
- Publish via web widget on your landing page.
- Publish through API by using create-publication method.
Each Voucherify code can be published to one customer only.