Team & Project Settings
This article will guide you through Voucherify Account and Project Settings. First, we’ll describe how to manage your team and then we’ll continue on with the project configuration.
- Team settings can be viewed and managed only by an Account Administrator.
- Project settings can be managed by the Account Administrator and (optionally) users with proper access granted by an Admin.
- General Project Settings (currency, email, and more)
- Brand Details
- Marketing Permissions
- Event Schema
- Metadata Schema
- Custom Domains
- API Usage
Manage your subscription, user roles and accesses, two-factor authentication and much more.
The first section displays basic information about the subscription plan, billing details and API usage. You can manage your subscription and billing details here. The Billing Details section is crucial to continue your subscription after the trial expiration.
To create a subscription, simply choose Create Subscription, choose a plan, confirm billing information and enter your credit card information. Based on a chosen plan and provided information, Voucherify will create invoices and set limits on your account. To confirm your subscription choose Create.
You can edit billing details by choosing the pencil icon and update your information in the form.
- API usage
To view the API usage per project, choose the down arrow and select a project from the list. You can also Navigate to Project Settings > API Usage to view a summary of API calls for a project. To change the notifications settings, click on Set notifications under one of the graphs. Read more here about setting the frequency and receivers of notifications for exceeding a pre-defined percent of allowed API calls.
Each month Voucherify issues a new invoice. The app keeps them listed in the Invoices tab to give you quick access to all your invoices.
In this section, you can manage your team and assign roles to users to build multi-level data access:
- Use filters to look for members.
- Click on Invite member to invite a new team member and assign him/her a role.
- Click on the tricolon ⁝ to edit or remove existing team members.
Enable Two-factor authentication for your team. This adds an extra layer of security to your user accounts by making users enter a verification code (in addition to user name and password when they sign in to their account).
With this directory, you can:
- Filter projects.
- Create a new project. Read more.
- Get an overview of all your Voucherify projects.
- Switch to a new project to see its details.
- Delete projects. Click on the tricolon ⁝ next to the Project you would like to delete and choose Delete.
Roles define what kind of data access is granted to each User. Roles directory enables you to define data access and operations assigned to a particular role. When you have already created user roles, you can attach them to your team members in the TEAM section.
You can choose between four predefined roles or create custom ones with unique properties (only for Enterprises).
Legal & Compliance
Voucherify is a GDPR compliant Data Processor. Here you will find copies of our standard terms and privacy policies, as well as amendments to your compliance needs. Furthermore, it is here where you may add the contact details of the EU Representative, Data Protection Officer, and SLS Contact Person.
Delete People Data
In this section, you may permanently delete any customer history from Voucherify to comply with European data protection laws (GDPR). All it takes is to search for a particular customer, both active and archived, select the bin icon and hit confirm to remove customer history permanently.
General Project Settings are divided into the following sections:
- Application Information about a current project (you can add a description, default international dialing prefix, set time zone, currency, and project name).
Setting up currency in the project enables you to display values in the desired format; however, note that currency doesn't impact the way our API calculates amounts as it's currency-agnostic.
After changing the project currency, please log out of your account and log in again to continue.
- Project members – a list of all members assigned to the particular project.
- Email settings – a place for a custom domain, required if you'd like to send emails from your sender address.
- Webhooks – custom endpoints URLs.
- Application and Client-side keys – unique keys for every project.
- Your website URL used for allowing client requests only from the given domain. Set if you want to enable requests from any origin.
- Client-side settings:
- Enable client-side redemption (e.g., redeem a voucher by using a referral widget on your site).
- Enable client-side publication (e.g., get vouchers after filling a subscription form on your site).
- Enable client-side vouchers listing.
- Enable client-side customer creation (e.g., share voucher in exchange for customer data collected in Voucherify dashboard and sent through subscribe form on your site).
- Enable client-side voucher expiration date update.
- Enable client-side loyalty and referral program events.
After filling in all the general information, the Brand Details and Marketing Permissions tabs provide you with a possibility to add all necessary marketing information and data protection clauses in compliance with the GDPR and other data-related policies.
In this tab, you will be asked to provide the name of your brand, physical mailing address, and contact information.
The provision of these details is obligatory as international law states that all marketing emails must include a physical mailing address and contact information of your brand. Here you may also provide:
- Customizable permission reminder which helps avoid false spam reports.
- Your website URL and logo.
We highly recommend filling in these details as they allow your customers to be aware of how your brand collects, uses, and discloses personal data.
Information provided in this tab will be automatically placed in the footer of any Voucherify template you’ll use.
Here you can also set up customer cockpit options:
This tab allows you to add your own opt-in consents and group them. It is important to remember that in accordance with the GDPR, consent has to be opt-in which means that it should be freely given and that neither pre-checked boxes nor customers’ silence is equal with consent for personal data processing.
Here you may fill in all the details of the consent (name, category, and description). These details will help you find, categorize, and group them effortlessly. After creating your first consent, you will be able to see it in the field below the Add consent button.
This tab also gives you a chance to group your consents and to place them in Voucherify templates.
You will be able to choose particular consents while working in the Distribution Manager where you will see a drop-down list with consents that you’ve created for the particular project. You will be asked to provide marketing permissions on the 2nd step of the Distributions Manager "Consents" so that you may segment your audience accordingly.
Your marketing permissions will also be available in the landing page templates guaranteeing quick and easy customization of your dream landing page. Note that you may mark your consent as optional or obligatory.
In this section, you may define custom events that you can later use to identify converted new customers (referred customers). In a nutshell, what you can do is name events and attach certain attributes to them (e.g. name, type, optional/required checkbox) and their types. With Event Schema defined and added to your API, you can use these custom actions as a reward trigger in referral programs and launch successful campaigns.
This section allows you to define categories for your promotional campaigns. A category is a custom campaign attribute (optional) that you can use to filter vouchers. It is designed to help you filter codes by a custom tag. You can also filter the categories by name and add a new category by clicking on Create category.
You can also use the API to manage categories. Read more here.
This section allows you to define metadata for your promotional campaigns and more. Metadata can be later used for validation rules and reporting/tracking. Go here to learn more about metadata, here to see example use cases and here to see a video on metadata.
In this section, you can add your own private domain to host landing pages created in Voucherify. Go here to learn more.
Here you can see the limits of API callouts set in your pricing plan. This view shows you the API calls that are specific to the project.
You can also navigate to Team Settings > Subscription to view a summary of API calls for each of your projects.
Automatic notifications settings
You can enable in-app and email notifications to be triggered when you reach a predefined percent limit of your redemptions, API calls and bulk API calls.
To set automatic notifications, you can either:
- Navigate to the Bell Icon at the top of your Dashboard > Notifications Center > Account Settings.
- Click the pencil icon under one of the charts and the link will re-direct you directly to the API usage notification settings.
To enable new email notifications, navigate to the Notifications Center > Account Settings and follow the steps below:
- Click Show details next to the notifications you'd like to activate.
- Toggle the switch next the Email.
- Define the % usage limit that triggers the notification.
- Click Add email to define a receiver email address.
- Confirm with Save.
To enable in-app notifications, simply toggle the switch next to In app.
Charts display your API usage.
To see API call statistics, hover over a given bar and you will see the overall usage for the given timeframe (hour/day). The tag will display a percentage of your allowed API calls that have been invoked.
API calls per hour in a project
This bar chart shows the API calls per hour for your given project and the overall percentage of API calls utilized from the allowed limit.
Bulk API calls per hour in a project
This bar chart shows the bulk API calls per hour in a project and the overall percentage of API calls utilized from the allowed limit.
Webhook calls per day in a project
This bar chart shows the Webhook calls per day used by integrations that sync data back to Voucherify (like ActiveCampaign, BigCommerce, Shopify). You can see the current usage in a project and the overall percentage of API calls utilized from the allowed limit.
To add a new project, click Create Project.
The first step allows for defining the project name and high level data. The timezone is important for properly configuring expiration dates and the currency defines which currency is displayed in the UI.
Choose whether case sensitivity should be important in your project. Case-sensitivity means differentiating between capital and lower-case letters in your codes, so FRIDAY20 and friday20 would be 2 different codes. This will affect such things as searching for vouchers, validating, and redeeming them.
Once this setting is set during project creation, it cannot be changed later on.
Add team members to your new project and define their access permission levels using the dropdown under Role. The Roles are described here. Each invited user will get an email to set up their password and log into the application.