How to create SMS distributions
This guide assumes you have already familiarized with the Distribution Manager basics.
Use the Voucherify dashboard to share your codes with SMS.
- Go to the integrations and define your SMS providers
- Open the Distributions view
- Run the manager with the Plus
Let’s type in the 1st step MANUAL MESSAGE and go to the 2nd stage
Select a distribution purpose. You can choose from:
- a message that informs eligible customers about a cart-level promotion
- a message with unique codes from a campaign
- a message without codes sent in your customized template
To add your audience, you can:
- choose one of the customers from the list,
Send to all customers who belong to a segment
In the 4th step, add a subject line.
- In the 3rd stage, you need to
- 1. choose SMS channel and define SMS provider, 2. write your message by using the text editor. You can personalize a message with the text editor and merge tags such as:
- customer's name
- coupon code in text format
- coupon code in QR format
- 3. Add reminders (optionally) - you can read more here.
When your message is ready, choose SEND and the creator delivers codes to your customers instantly.
The point is to deliver a code automatically when the customer enters a chosen segment or perform a particular event, e.g., abandon a cart.
The creation process is very close to the manual; difference appears in the 1st step, where you have to choose the distribution type
In sections 2-6, you can follow steps from the manual mode and add details of the distribution workflow. The crucial part comes down to stage 4 where you need to define a message trigger:
- You can build a segment rules which customer needs to match to get a message or
- choose an event which a customer needs to perform to get the message.
To recap, here are all 5 stages of the manager you need to follow:
2. Select a message purpose
3. Choose your audience
4. Add a message subject
5. Select a channel and customize a message template
When you get to the end, confirm with SET LIVE, what means that the distribution is on and each new customer who enters the segment / performs an event gets the message automatically.