How to create SMS distributions
💡This guide assumes you have already familiarized with the Distribution Manager basics.
Use the Voucherify dashboard to share your codes via SMS 📱
Before you start 🏁
- Go to the integrations and define your SMS providers.
- Open the Distributions view.
- Run the manager with the Plus.
Manual mode 👋
- a message that informs eligible customers about a cart-level promotion
- a message with unique codes from a campaign
- a message without codes sent in your customized template
To add your audience, you can:
- Choose one of the customers from the list.
- Send to all customers who belong to a segment.
- Segment your audience based on marketing permissions.
In the 4th step, add a subject line.
- customer's name,
- coupon code in text format,
- coupon code in QR format.
Automatic mode 🤖
The point is to deliver a code automatically when the customer enters a chosen segment or perform a particular event, e.g., abandon a cart.
The creation process is very close to the manual; difference appears in the 1st step, where you have to choose the distribution type
In sections 2-6, you can follow steps from the manual mode and add details of the distribution workflow. The crucial part comes down to stage 4 where you need to define a message trigger:
- You can build a segment rules which customer needs to match to get a message or
- choose an event which a customer needs to perform to get the message.
To recap, here are all 5 stages of the manager you need to follow:
Select a message purpose
Choose your audience
Add a message subject
Select a channel and customize a message template
When you get to the end, confirm with SET LIVE, what means that the distribution is on and each new customer who enters the segment / performs an event gets the message automatically.