How to create email distribution?
This guide assumes that you are already familiarized with the Distributions Manager basics.
In this section:
Available email providers
You can use multiple providers to send email messages with Voucherify incentives. Here are the options that we offer out-of-the-box:
- Voucherify built-in email provider (your messages will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to the end-customers).
- Voucherify email engine with your custom domain (connect your mailbox to Voucherify)
- Integrations with the market-leading applications:
Visit the integrations tab to connect your Voucherify account with an email marketing provider.
Automatic email distribution
The purpose of the automatic email distribution is to automatically send email messages triggered by the following events:
- The customer entered/left the selected segment.
- The order status changed (order created, updated, paid, or canceled).
- The referral/loyalty reward was redeemed.
- The code was successfully published (assigned) to a customer.
When the distribution is set live, all customers who activate the selected trigger are going to receive the message.
Let's see how to set up an automatic email distribution based on an example – sending an automatic message to all customers who canceled their orders.
Select the Distributions tab (1) and choose the relevant distribution trigger (2).
First name your distribution and select the purpose:
- Notifying customers about a promotion (you will be asked to provide the promotion tier name).
- Sending a unique code from a campaign (you will be asked to select the coupon campaign).
- Sending a plain message.
Next, choose marketing consents that you can create in the Project Settings. You can also disable the use of consents by checking the option Disable consents verification.
In the third step, select the channel (email) and provide other details:
- Sender's information.
- Title of the message (subject line).
- Edit the email template.
When the email message is ready, go to the fourth step (summary) to analyze the workflow once more.
If there are no other modifications needed, save and send the messages.
You can analyze the performance of your email campaign with built-in analytics. Learn more here.
Manual email distribution
Not all email messages need to be automated. With Voucherify, you can also send a manual email message to a selected customer/customer segment.
You can use manual messages for three purposes:
- Notifying customers about a promotion.
- Sending customers code from a selected campaign.
- Sending a plain message.
You can send the message either to a selected customer (one) or a whole customer segment (e.g., new customers).
For instance, you can create a segment for all customers who celebrate their birthday in October and send them messages with discount codes with one distribution (no automation included).
The next steps of the manual distribution set-up are the same as in the case of automatic distribution.
Voucherify is equipped with a flexible email messages editor with multiple customization options.
You can choose between a simple template with limited customization options or a configurable flyer that offers a much wider scope for personalization.
Here are some customization options available for all pricing plans:
- A simple text editor (font effects, font size, links, text layout).
- Variables (e.g., customer name, coupon code, and more).
- Images (image size, alt text, link, gif files, alignment).
- Buttons (CTA size, color, alignment, corners, and link).
- Dividers (width, color).
- Social media buttons (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube).
- Background (header with your logo, colors, content space, borders, and alignment).
- Footer (text, colors).
Here is an example of an email message you can create with Voucherify editor: