Distributions via email
his guide assumes you have already familiarized with the Distribution Manager basics.
In this section
- Manual email distribution to customers who are already on your list
- Automatic email distribution to the customers who will match predefined criteria
Let’s start to distribute emails straight from Voucherify with a manual message. In case of manual mode, composed emails are sent to the already defined receiver/ customers segment right after the distribution is confirmed.
To begin, you need to:
- Open the Distributions view
- Run the Distributions manager with the Plus
Likewise, you need to go through six stages of the Distributions creator:
Select distribution purpose. If you choose a message with unique codes, you need to choose a respective campaign from a list of all your existing campaigns.
- Define your receivers by choosing a segment or a single customer from your list
- Add a subject line
- In the 5th stage of the Distribution Manager, you need to configure the following steps:
- 1. Select email channel and define your signature. By default, all emails will be sent from email@example.com
If you want to send emails via Voucherify with your domain, go here to learn how to configure it.
Active channel (channels) is marked as green.
2. Customize your message by using a text editor. Change the default template to a configurable flyer and design your message.
To design your template you can:
- compose an HTML message with text, links and images
- change background colour and design CTA
- place unsubscribe link
- place social buttons
- use merge tags:
- customer name
- customer email
- coupon code value
- coupon code in text format
- coupon code in QR format
3. Define reminders (optional). They are sent to remind your customers about unredeemed codes. Likewise, you can use the text editor to customize remind message and additionally specify the time that reminders will be delivered.
Text editor and merge tags build a personalized template which is sent to your audience once you confirm the distribution with SEND.
Automatic distribution with emails
The purpose of automatic mode is to send an email to a customer as soon as he/she matches segment criteria.
From the moment you confirm the creator, every time a new customer enters the segment, Voucherify sends him the message automatically.
The difference in a creating automatic distribution comes down to the 1st step, where you should choose AUTO message
From 2nd to 5th section, you need to add details similarly to the manual mode. The key part is in the 4th stage when you need to add segment rules which decide who gets the message. Every time a new customer match segment criteria, he/she gets a message to their mailbox. To recap, all steps looks as follows:
- 2: Choose distribution purpose
- 3: Choose your audience:
- build a new customer segment,
- choose one of the existing segments,
- choose a particular event that triggers message send out
- 4: Add a subject line
- 5: Select EMAIL channel, write your message and add reminders
In the last step, press SET LIVE and confirm. From now on, the distribution starts and emails are sent automatically.