Products can be items or services that you offer to your customers. You can build product-specific validation rules which restrict redemptions whether you decide to sync your inventory with the app or not.
How does it work?
Using your products in Voucherify campaigns comes down to the following steps:
- You can add your products to the dashboard (read more) or/and customize your inventory with metadata and SKUs (read more).
- Use added products or metadata to create validation rules.
- Add product-specific rules to your promo campaigns.
Create product-specific rules
After you import your items/services to the Dashboard, you can use them while creating campaigns. Firstly, go to the Validation Rules section, choose the plus to open the Validation Rules builder and type a name for a new set of rules.
Product-specific rules are built in the 2nd category called Order Structure.
Using this rules category enables you to come up with the following limits:
- Including and excluding specific products or product SKUs from the cart.
- Defining a required number and price of each product or product SKU in the cart.
- Deciding which products required in the cart can be discounted.
- Restricting redemptions using custom attributes (metadata )attached to your product. Using metadata you don't need to import your products to the app.
Go here to learn more about adding metadata to your products/SKUs and how to use product metadata in your campaigns.
Let's assume that you have a store with electronics and home accessories. You want to create a cart promotion and discount only products from the Electronics category. To do so, you add a metadata property called "Category" to all your products and create two optional values: Electronics or Home accessories.
While creating a campaign you can create a validation rule based on metadata attached to your products.
Add product-specific rules to a promo campaign
When all the validation rules are ready, choose SAVE. Now, you can open the Campaign Manager and use this set of rules in your campaign.
Let's create some discount coupons.
In the 3rd step of the campaign creation process, you can add validation rules that we've created in the previous step. You can also add more rules or create all of them from scratch.