How to use products in Voucherify campaigns?
In this section:
Products can be items or services that you offer to your customers. After adding them to the Dashboard, you can build product-specific validation rules which restrict redemptions.
Using your products in Voucherify campaigns comes down to the following steps:
- Add your products to the Dashboard – read the step-by-step guide.
- Customize your inventory with metadata and SKUs – read the step-by-step guide.
- Use added products to create validation rules.
- Add product-specific rules to your promo campaigns.
Create product-specific rules
After you import your items/services to the Dashboard, you can use them while creating campaigns. Firstly, go to the Validation Rules section in the Dashboard, choose the Plus to open the Validation Rules builder and type a name for a new set of rules.
Product-specific rules are built in the 2nd category called Order Structure.
Using this rules category enables you to come up with the following limits:
- Including and excluding specific products or product SKUs from the cart.
- Defining a required number and price of each product or product SKU in the cart.
- Deciding which products required in the cart can be discounted.
- Restricting redemptions using custom attributes attached to your product.
Let's assume that you have a store with electronics and home accessories. You want to create a cart promotion and discount only products from the Electronics category. To do so, you add a metadata property called "Category" to all your products and create two optional values: Electronics or Home accessories.
While creating a campaign you can create a validation rule based on metadata attached to your products.
Add product-specific rules to a promo campaign
When all the validation rules are ready, choose SAVE. Now, you can open the Campaign Manager and use this set of rules in your campaign.
Let's create some discount coupons.
In the 3rd step of the campaign creation process, you can add validation rules that we've created in the previous step. You can also add more rules or create all of them from scratch.