How do I create my first campaign?
In this section:
In the first campaign, our aim is to generate a bulk of unique coupons. Such campaigns are a perfect way for efficient customer tracking and measuring promotion effectiveness. The outcome, in this case, is a pool of unique codes where each code carries the same discount (the one you define in the 2nd stage).
You can watch the video or follow the tutorial below:
Voucherify Campaign Manager supports also fixed, public codes (called standalone), referral programs, cart-level promotions, gift cards (made by using bulk codes campaign), and loyalty programs. All these promotions can be done in just a couple of minutes in your dashboard.
To run the Campaign manager, click on the Plus.
The manager will guide you through a five-step process:
Choose the 'Bulk codes' campaign.
Choose Discount Voucher type and give it a 10% discount.
You can choose between three discount types: percent, amount and unit.
Define the basic parameters such as:
- campaign’s name - identifies the promotion across the system e.g. will be used for reporting and monitoring, cannot be changed once set.
- vouchers count - the number of unique codes Voucherify will generate when the campaign is saved. If you don’t know the exact number, just use a ballpark figure and tick “Auto update” - this will automatically extend the campaign with new unique codes after you run out of the initial pool.
- pattern (optional) - get creative by mixing random and static parts of the coupon code.
Auto-update checkbox - if you mark this checkbox, your campaign will be auto-extended every time when you'll try to distribute new code and the initial batch of codes has already run out. For example, if my 1000 vouchers will be already assigned to customers (published, distributed) and I'd like to send it to 1001st customer, thanks to auto-update mode I can do it without any campaign updates. Voucherify will automatically add a new code when I click to send the code from this campaign.
You can also create case sensitive vouchers. See this tutorial to learn more.
Limits for vouchers (optional)
Here you may establish the start and expiration date of your campaign including the exact time. You may select three other general time limitations, such as:
- Make your campaign valid only during specific period of time (validity timeframe option).
- Make your vouchers active only on particular days of the week (e.g. you may release vouchers valid only on Fridays).
- Create a sense of urgency and make your vouchers valid only for a specific time after publication (publication=when customer receives the code).
In this tutorial, we have described only a small subset of the possible limits. To learn more about advanced validation rules go here.
Campaign metadata (optional).
- coupon is expired
- validation rules are not met
- coupon is disabled or deleted
- coupon redemption limit has been reached
Normally, redemptions come from your customers once your application notifies Voucherify through API. But you can also simulate them using the dashboard. Go to the detailed voucher view and redeem coupon manually, as in the picture below:
If you choose REDEEM, Voucherify redirects you to the redemption form. It allows you to provide various redemption details, but because they're optional, at this moment just submit the form with REDEEM
Let’s see what happens after the redemption takes place. You can see it logged on 3 levels:
1. Voucher level - a new redemption record appears in the REDEMPTION HISTORY section of the particular coupon code. It stores the result, date and other details of the action.
2. Campaign level
- The total number of redemptions of the campaign gets increased by 1.
Once a coupon is redeemed,
By going to the Redemptions history in the detailed campaign’s view, you will get a list with every redemption of the campaign.
3. Global level - The global history of all redemptions shows the redemption on top of the list.
The list of all redemptions in the system gets updated with every action.
The redemption attempt can fail for many reasons:
The record of every failed redemption is stored along successful ones in these 3 places.
The redemption is the key action in every coupon campaign and that's why Voucherify treats redemption monitoring with priority. With detailed redemption tracking, you can get insights into which coupon tactics work best, filter out irrelevant campaigns fast and ultimately drive more revenue.
This is it! You've just learned how to configure and launch a bulk coupon campaign in just a few clicks. You've also seen how coupon lifecycle works and where to track redemptions.