How do I create my first campaign?
In this section:
In the first campaign, our aim is to generate a bulk of unique coupons. Such campaigns are a perfect way for efficient customer tracking and measuring promotion effectiveness. The outcome, in this case, is a pool of unique codes where each code carries the same discount (the one you define in the 3rd stage).
To run the Campaign manager, click on the Plus.
The manager will guide you through a five-step process:
- Choose the CAMPAIGN option
- Choose DISCOUNT VOUCHER type and give it a 10% discount
- Campaign details
Define the basic parameters such as:
- campaign’s name - identifies the promotion across the system e.g. will be used for reporting and monitoring, cannot be changed once set
- vouchers count - the number of unique codes Voucherify will generate when the campaign is saved. If you don’t know the exact number, just use a ballpark figure and tick “Auto update” - this will automatically extend the campaign with new unique codes after you run out of the initial pool
- pattern (optional) - get creative by mixing random and static parts of the coupon code
Limits for vouchers (optional) In this stage, we'll add the expiry date and limit the number of redemptions. The picture below presents a scenario where each coupon code can be redeemed once and the redemption has to occur before 31.12.2017
In this tutorial, we describe only a small subset of the possible limits. To learn more about advanced validation rules go here
Campaign metadata (optional).
The last section allows you to pass any additional custom entries as metadata. They can be used to build validation rules, see the example. Click
SAVE and that’s it! Voucherify starts generating the bulk of unique coupons. You’ll be notified when it’s finished in the top right corner. For small campaigns (under 1000 codes), it usually takes a few seconds. Let's try redeeming now!
- coupon is expired
- validation rules are not met
- coupon is disabled or deleted
- coupon redemption limit has been reached
Normally, redemptions come from your customers once your application notifies Voucherify through API. But you can also simulate them using the dashboard. Go to the detailed voucher view and redeem coupon manually, as in the picture below:
If you choose REDEEM, Voucherify redirects you to the redemption form. It allows you to provide various redemption details, but because they're optional, at this moment just submit the form with REDEEM
Let’s see what happens after the redemption takes place. You can see it logged on 3 levels:
1. Voucher level - a new redemption record appears in the REDEMPTION HISTORY section of the particular coupon code. It stores the result, date and other details of the action
2. Campaign level
- The total number redemptions of the campaign gets increased by 1.
Once a coupon is redeemed, the
By going to the Redemptions history in the detailed campaign’s view, you get a list with every redemption of the campaign.
3. Global level - The global history of all redemptions shows the redemption on top of the list.
The list of all redemptions in the system gets updated with every action.
The redemption attempt can fail for many reasons:
The record of every failed redemption is stored along successful ones in these 3 places.
The redemption is the key action in every coupon campaign and that's why Voucherify treats redemption monitoring with priority. With detailed redemption tracking, you can get insights into which coupon tactics work best, filter out irrelevant campaigns fast and ultimately drive more revenue.
This is it! You've just learned how to configure and launch a bulk coupon campaign in a few clicks. You've also seen how coupon lifecycle works and where to track redemptions.