By integrating Voucherify with your commercetools store, you can start offering personalized promo codes and other campaigns with custom redemption limits, unavailable in the standard commercetools instance. These include:
- Dynamic discounts that change value based on order total and other attributes.
- Proportional discounts.
- Multi-tiered double and single-sided referral campaigns.
- Advanced product and order-specific discounts, including free product offers and BOGO.
In the near future, we plan to extend the integration to include product variants for unit type discounts and cart promotions with customer segments to unlock the full potential of commercetools promotions.
Open source plugin
commercetools plugin is open source. This means that you can build custom functionalities on top of it based on your unique business needs.
Before continuing, you can also watch our webinar and learn how Voucherify integrates with commercetools.
- Supported features
- How does the integration work?
- Install and configure the plugin
- Use Voucherify coupon codes
- Track performance
Before you start creating promo campaigns for your commercetools audience, please read the below summary of Voucherify features that we support in the plugin and make sure your use cases are covered.
|What is not supported yet|
How does the integration work?
Voucherify and commercetools integration is based at checkout. commercetools fetches Voucherify API to validate and redeem the promo code.
- Voucherify returns the result and applies the discount to the order (to the cart, items, or triggers another behavior based on the discount effect).
- Once the order is paid, the code is redeemed, and the commercetools order and customer data are synced with Voucherify.
How to install and configure the plugin?
You will need credentials to use both Voucherify and commercetools.
Voucherify account and API keys – You can find your API keys in Project Settings > Application Keys. Read more here.
commercetools account with API client and API keys – In commercetools, credentials are available when a new API Client is created. You can create it in Settings > Developer Settings > Create new API client (top right corner) using the Admin client scope template. Read more in the commercetools documentation.
To start with, follow the steps outlined in the Github repository.
Use Voucherify coupons in your commercetools store
Now, your visitors can redeem Voucherify coupon codes to get a discount while shopping in your commercetools store. The workflow looks as follows:
- A customer selects products to add to their cart.
- In a cart summary, they can see a field for a coupon code.
- The customer enters a Voucherify code, and after choosing Apply, their order is automatically updated.
You can see redeemed coupons in your Merchant Center dashboard. Go to the Orders List section and choose which order you'd like to display.
If any coupon has been applied, you'll see it in the order items.
Tracking your performance
Once the plugin is configured, you will be able to use promo codes. For more tracking data, you can visit the Voucherify dashboard. In the Redemptions, Customers and Orders sections, Voucherify collects and presents detailed, up-to-date information. You can read more about tracking in this guide.
In case you encounter any issues while working with the plugin, you can debug your integration and find the issues using commercetools logs or Voucherify logs.
- commercetools logs – logs can be found in the Merchant Center. To view the logs, navigate to the Audit log > Change history. Read more here.
Voucherify logs – if you want to know how Voucherify reacted to the request, you can find that information under the Audit Logs in Voucherify. To view the logs, navigate to the Audit log. You can learn more about Voucherify’s logs by following this tutorial.