In this section:
Voucherify and Shopify integration enables you to enhance e-commerce experiences with personalized promotions created with a flexible rules engine. In this tutorial, we are going to show you everything you need to know about installing, using, and succeeding with Voucherify promotions in your Shopify store.
Shopify is one of the top tools for e-commerce. However, as reported by many of our clients, the platform fails to deliver an adequate promotion management system – that’s where Voucherify comes in. By integrating your Shopify store with Voucherify promotions, you will be able to use targeted and customized incentives to boost your customer acquisition and retention rates in no time.
What you also get with the first version of the Shopify plugin:
- The synchronization of the customer, order, and product data that can be used for building earning rules in loyalty programs, dynamic segmentation, or setting up validation rules.
- Voucherify codes will automatically work in Shopify, allowing you to save time on creating separate codes for different e-commerce sites.
- Shared tracking and reporting for Shopify and Voucherify redemption rates.
- Shopify can be used as a distribution channel for loyalty rewards and referral codes – e.g. discount codes will be distributed to the connected Shopify store when the customer redeems a loyalty reward (e.g. discount code). This version of the integration allows you to synchronize data only when it is being created or updated. Old data won’t be automatically synchronized.
To use this integration, you need to have a Shopify store.
After the successful installation, you will be able to configure the integration via your Shop Admin page.
After installing the plugin, you should be able to see the name of your store and other details of the integration in the Integrations Directory. Keep in mind that the whole configuration process is done via Shopify Admin Page and Voucherify Integrations Directory serves only as your integration overview.
There are three functions that you may activate/deactivate – customers, orders, and product synchronization. By synchronizing these objects you make sure that meaningful data is easily transferred from Shopify into Voucherify.
The synchronization operates only on the basis of Shopify – Voucherify, which means that objects created in Voucherify won’t be automatically synchronized to Shopify.
Test the synchronization
Before working with discounts, it is important to first test whether the synchronization between your Shopify store and Voucherify works. The easiest way to do so is to create a new customer in Shopify (Customers tab – Add customer) and to check whether the customer appeared in your Voucherify account.
After saving the customer, go to your Voucherify account and check whether the new client was added to your customer list.
If you do not see a new customer record, you may need to refresh the page.
Voucherify discounts in your Shopify storefront
First, let’s create a new unique codes campaign in Voucherify.
Follow this tutorial to learn how the Campaign Manager works.
If you want the created code to appear in Shopify, you need to use Voucherify Distribution and use Shopify as the channel of the distribution.
Follow this guide to learn more about the Distribution Manager.
Use either manual or automatic mode of distribution to send unique codes from the campaign.
Send the message to particular customers or to the specific segments.
Next, select Shopify as your channel.
When everything is set up, confirm with Send.
Note that you may combine Shopify distribution with email in order to not only send the code to Shopify but also to send the code directly to the selected customer or customer segment (set up in the 3rd step of the Distribution).
You can overwrite your vouchers configuration during the distribution. If you uncheck this box, the voucher will inherit all redemption limits, validation rules, and its type from the initial configuration. What can you modify?
- Redemption limit – how many times a code can be redeemed. If left unchecked, the voucher will inherit the initial redemption limits set in the first step of the Campaign Manager.
- Redeemable once per customer – how many times a code can be redeemed by a single customer. If you did not set any redemption validation rules ("redemptions per customer"/"redemptions per customer in a campaign"), you can introduce such a limit here or skip this step. In this case, no redemption limits per customer will be available.
- Redeemable only by holders – code can be redeemed only by customers who have the code assigned to profile as a result of the publication. If you haven't set this limitation before ("only for customers who are holders of the card"), you can do so in this step, otherwise, the code will be redeemable by any customer.
- Free shipping – if not set, the voucher will inherit its initial type (amount, percentage, unit) other than free shipping. If set, the voucher will be changed into a free shipping discount. Note, that you can set voucher to be free shipping discount in the 3rd step of the Campaign Manager.
Now, you can see the code in both Voucherify and Shopify accounts:
By going into the details view of the discount code in Shopify, you can see that the voucher inherited all the properties from the original.
You may again overwrite the properties of the voucher (e.g., change its type), however, they will not be automatically synchronized with data in Voucherify.
Test the discount
Since the code is already synchronized with Shopify, it can now be used at the checkout by your customers. All you need to do is to type in the code and voila. Now, Voucherify codes automatically work in your Shopify storefront saving you precious time on creating separate codes for Shopify stores.
You will see all the redemptions in the Redemptions Log and on the Dashboard reports in your Voucherify account letting you stay in control over your incentives.
Referral Codes and Loyalty Rewards
Besides discount codes and launching separate distribution, you may also transfer Voucherify codes to Shopify as a part of your referral and loyalty program rewards. What that means is that codes that act as rewards in your loyalty/referral programs will albo be easily redeemable in Shopify.
In the 5th step of launching a referral/loyalty program, use Shopify as your notifications channel. What that means is that you will be able to use referral codes and loyalty rewards (e.g., discount codes, free shipping) in Shopify.
In referral programs, you may use Shopify as your channel twice – as a notification for the referrer’s reward (if the referrer meets the criteria for getting the reward, he/she will receive a discount code that will automatically work in Shopify) and as referral code to the referrer (when referees redeem the code, the referrer’s profile is updated with new invited friends).
When it comes to the loyalty program, Shopify can be used as a channel for reward redemption, which means that when the customer purchases the reward (e.g., discount code) with his/her loyalty points, the code will be automatically sent to the customer and to Shopify so that he or she can redeem it at the checkout.
To learn more about notifications, follow this tutorial.