How to build validation rules?
There are two ways of building validation rules in Voucherify:
- If you want to create a rule and use it right away in a new campaign, learn how to do it in the Campaign Manager.
- If you want to create a rule or set of rules that you will use in the future, use the Validation Rules dashboard section.
Build a rule while creating a new campaign 🙌
- Firstly you need to run the Campaign Manager and choose a campaign type you'd like to create:
- Go through the first two stages of a campaign creation process.
In the third step, you can add validation rules and define what criteria customers and their orders have to meet to make a valid redemption.
How to build a rule? 🤔
1. Add a name for your validation rule/set of rules (they will be automatically saved in the 'Validation Rules' dashboard section).
2. Expand the available rules from the category you're interested in and build a restriction using available operators.
3. Confirm with ADD. All active rules will be visible on the grey background below each category.
Add and save your rules – Validation Rules dashboard section
This way of creating rules comes in handy when you want to prepare limits for future campaigns. Go to the 'Validation Rules' section in the dashboard and choose Plus to create a new rule ➕
Add a name for your new rule/set of rules.
The rules builder in this section is the same engine that you use while creating limits in the Campaign Manager. There are six categories of rules to choose from:
- In the 1st category, you can choose a customer segment who can/cannot redeem the codes. To build a rule, you need to add an operator is/is not in the first input and choose the desired customer segment from the list of segments in the 2nd input.
Rules from remaining categories are built in a similar way ⬇️
All active rules that you have confirmed are visible in the grey background below the category.
You can SAVE each rule or set of rules and use them later while creating campaigns in the Campaign Manager.