Sign up with your email and get 10% off coupon
This how-to guide shows how to publish and send a unique coupon code to each customer who subscribes to your list by filling the landing page form.
- Campaign workflow
- Voucherify setup
- Going live
End-customer shares his/her name and email address by filling the form on your landing page. The email address is verified by double opt-in and then, saved in Voucherify. After that Voucherify assigns a new unique code to the customer and displays the code on the landing page. At the same time, the customer gets a welcome email with the unique code and promotion details.
Using the dashboard, you need to create the following elements:
- Campaign of unique discount coupons (bulk codes)
- Landing page with subscribe form
- Automatic email distribution
Create a coupon campaign
Before you create a coupon campaign, make sure you're familiar with the Voucherify basics and the Campaign Manager:
Create a campaign of 10% discount coupons (bulk codes) with validation rules that secure incentives and the campaign budget.
In the Campaign Manager, choose the bulk codes option, and define the campaign name.
Then, use the following campaign features:
- Auto-update mode that provides new codes when the initial batch runs out (set in the Campaign Manager > Program size).
- Code redemption limit set to 1. As a result, each unique code can be redeemed only once (set in the Campaign Manager > Program size).
- Customers will be allowed to join only once option which ensures only one code from the campaign can be assigned to a single customer.
- Start and expiration dates that define when the codes are active and can be redeemed. You can modify the expiration date once the campaign is on (set in the Campaign Manager > Timeframe).
Set in the Campaign Manager > Discount value.
Each unique coupon code gives 10% off the total amount. The discount is applied to the whole cart.
The maximum discount amount per single order is $50.
Set in the Campaign Manager > Discount value.
Below the discount settings, create new validation rules with the advanced builder.
Add the following rules:
|Rules category||Validation rule||Notes|
|Order volume||The total order amount is more than $50.|
|Budget constraints||Redemption per customer in a campaign is less than or equal to 1.||Each customer can make only one redemption using codes from this campaign.|
|Advanced||Only for customers who are holders of the code.||Only a customer who is assigned to the code can redeem it.|
Voucherify checks if all validation rules are met when a customer tries to redeem their code.
Create your campaign
Knowing the key steps and campaign configuration, you can now follow this step-by-step tutorial and create such a campaign in your dashboard.
When the coupon campaign is ready, create a landing page with a subscribe form.
Create a landing page
Before you create a landing page, make sure you're familiar with the landing pages basics – Creating landing pages.
Go to the Landing Pages menu, add a new landing page with the plus. Choose the template for signing up for a discount code.
Landing page settings
In the landing page settings provide the following details:
- Landing page title.
- Source ID mapped to customer's email.
- Activate email anti-fraud options:
- Block email aliases.
- Only unique emails (email will be added only if there won't be such an email already in your account).
- Lowercase email address before checking for email uniqueness.
- Enable the double opt-in option.
When ready, switch to the pages tab. Now, you can choose which sub-page you'd like to edit first.
- Active campaign – main view with the form.
- Double opt-in – the customer is redirected to this page after successfully submitting the form (before verifying email address).
- Successful status - this sub-page shows the widget with a coupon code, customers can see it after clicking the button in the email and verifying their email address
- Failed status – the customer is redirected to this page if submitting the form failed.
- Pre-start – customers will see this page before the campaign start date.
In the Active campaign > Elements, click the pencil tool next to the Form to edit the form style and required fields.
Set a name and mandatory email fields when filling the form.
You can go back and customize the remaining elements: logo bar, banner, share links, bottom call to action, and footer to reflect your promotion rules and branding.
When you finish the Active campaign sub-page, go to Pages and switch to another one.
Likewise, the Elements tab shows you all editable parts of the page that you can customize.
When all pages are ready, you can Save the landing page and Release the draft. After the release, the URL is active and leads your customers to the landing page.
If you don't want to release the landing page yet, click Save & Exit. We're going to describe the release process at the end of this guide.
Before you create a distribution, make sure you're familiar with the Getting started with Distributions Guide.
Automatic distribution will trigger an email with a promo code every time a new user successfully fills the form. Using emails as a distribution channel, you don't need any external providers to send messages straight from the dashboard.
Go to the Distributions tab and run the Distribution Manager with the plus.
Create a new distribution in which successful code publication triggers the message.
Name the distribution and choose the 10% coupon campaign created at the beginning that will be a source of codes for newly subscribed users.
In the next step, you may add required marketing permissions or disable consents verification.
Channel choice & message
First, choose email as your channel and configure basic settings (provider, sender, and a subject line).
Choose a Configurable flyer and design your email template. Using variables you can place a customer's coupon code and other details that will be populated with proper data after releasing the message.
When the template is ready, go to the next step and Save draft. We'll launch the distribution and landing page once the campaign starts.
The coupon campaign, landing page, and distribution draft are ready – it's time to go live. Let's start the campaign, set the distribution live, and release the landing page.
Start the coupon campaign
Before you release the landing page and the distribution, make sure you set the proper start date in the coupon campaign settings. Note that your customers can fill the form and redeem codes only when the campaign is already active.
You can see the start date in the detailed campaign view. To edit the start date, choose the pencil tool and set a new date in the Campaign Manager > Timeframe.
Set the distribution live
Click on the distribution name and choose the edit tool.
Go to the Summary and hit Save and Send.
From now on, every time you'll publish (assign) code from the 10% off coupon campaign, the email with the code will get to the customer's mailbox. Let's release the landing page to provide automatic publications in response to filling the form.
Release the landing page
Click on the landing page name and click the publish icon in the top right corner.
Select the coupon campaign from which you want to publish the codes.
Mark the checkbox to set landing page live (URL will be active) and add custom alias to landing page URL.
Confirm with Set.
Before the release:
- Make sure you've added the landing page URL to websites from which requests are accepted (Project settings > Your website URL).
- Make sure you've set the required permissions in the client-side Project settings (enable client-side publications).
You can read more details at the beginning of this guide.
From now on, when a new user signs up, Voucherify will publish a new coupon code from the campaign. Assigned limits make sure each customer can get only one code from the campaign assigned to their account and each unique code can be redeemed only once.
You can see all published codes in the detailed campaign view > Publications history.