Anniversary Gift Card Campaign
- Upload customers to Voucherify.
- Create a customer segment based on created date criterion.
- Launch gift card campaign for orders above $250.
- Add order-based validation rules.
- Set the automatic distribution of gift cards to customers.
Create a segment after uploading customers
First, go to the Customers tab and after naming your segment, define its criteria.
To create an anniversary segment, you need to select 'Created date' as your criterion and then specify what time period should make the customer eligible to join the segment.
You may create a number of different anniversaries and follow-up emails based on the Created Date criterion, such as :
- weekly anniversary – the created date is exactly 7 days ago,
- monthly anniversary – the created date is exactly 30 days ago,
- yearly anniversary – the created date is exactly 365 days ago [variation selected for the tutorial],
- a follow-up email after 3 months – the created date is exactly 90 days ago.
Generate gift cards
Next, go to the Campaigns tab → Create a Campaign (plus) → Gift Vouchers → Bulk Codes Campaign.
In the next step, name your campaign and provide other information (voucher number, auto-update campaign*, code pattern).
Make sure to check the Auto-Update box to make sure that in case you run out of the original pool of codes, new vouchers will be automatically generated.
Next, define the optional time limits.
Then, establish a gift credits value –100$.
The currency of your campaigns is set per project.
Build validation rules
Here, you should also establish validation rules to make sure that only selected customers are eligible to use the gift card.
These are the rules used in this specific workflow:
Customer segment is "1-year anniversary"
Valid only for orders above $250
By using this rule, you ensure that the voucher is redeemed by the same person that it was published for (sent to).
You can add custom error messages to failed redemption attempts that are going to be returned in the API. Go here to learn more.
In the last step, provide optional metadata to your campaign.
Send gift cards to customers
Go the Distributions tab and create a new distribution by clicking plus.
Choose Automatic Messages to automatically send messages to customers who are going to celebrate their yearly anniversary with your brand.
Then select the goal of your distribution, i.e. sending unique gift card codes from the 1-Year Anniversary Campaign.
Next, select the trigger for the message send-out. In our case, it's a customer entering the segment created in the first step of this guide.
Then, title your message. Choose email as your marketing channel. Note that you can combine multiple channels and use several at once.
You can use Voucherify as your email provider or use your own email provider.
Next, proceed to design your mail.
- Use the Preview Option to make sure that the email is going to look the way you want it to.
- Use variables to include codes, customer name, and other unique customer attributes in your message to make it feel more personal.
- Try adding an image or play with colors to make sure that your email stands out.
- Optionally create email reminders to notify your customers about unredeemed vouchers.
Here's an example of an email that you can create.
Well done! Now your customers can celebrate your anniversary by going shopping.