Distribution with Braze Custom Attributes
Braze integration enables you to send Voucherify codes in your Braze messages. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to send unique coupons, gift cards, loyalty, and referral codes to your Braze users. Voucherify enables you to use Braze's Connected Content, Braze's Custom Attributes, or Braze's Promo Codes Snippet to push codes from Voucherify to Braze. In this tutorial we will show you how to use Braze's Custom Attributes with Voucherify distributions.
Before you start
Before you use Braze custom attributes in Voucherify distributions, you need to add your Braze users to the Voucherify dashboard. You can use Braze connected content to synchronize users or import your customers through CSV or API. Go here to read more about customer import.
- How does it work?
- Step 1: Connect Voucherify to Braze
- Step 2: Distribute Codes
- Step 3: Use Voucherify custom attributes in your Braze campaign
How does it work?
Braze Custom Attributes enable you to assign Voucherify codes to custom attributes in user profiles in Braze. You can use unique coupons, gift cards, loyalty cards and referral codes. First, connect Voucherify with Braze, then create a distribution in Voucherify and finally create a campaign in Braze with the custom attribute snippet in your message template.
Step 1: Connecting Voucherify account to Braze
First, connect your Voucherify account with Braze.
- Copy the REST API Key from your Braze account (it should at least have a permission 'users.track')
- Go to the Integrations directory in your Voucherify dashboard, find Braze and choose Connect.
- Paste the copied API Key from Braze and choose Connect:
Step 2: Code distribution
When connected, you can start a new Voucherify distribution that assigns a code to the custom attribute in the user profile in Braze. Later on, you can use received attributes with codes in your Braze campaigns.
Before you import Customers
The below customer import feature is OPTIONAL. It is only mandatory for those who wish to perform a mass sendout. This use case is usually tied to the manual message option in the distributions manager, which is described below. In most instances, users are likely to follow a scenario where Voucherify responds to specific events (automatic workflow described below), leading to the saving of a customer with a source_id in Voucherify, which in turn triggers a distribution to Braze. We do not recommend importing for every use case—only selected ones. Please contact our support team to determine which avenue is appropriate for your use case.
Please note that before setting up distribution, you need to add your Braze users to the Voucherify dashboard. Go here to read more.
You can export your customers from Braze using the CSV export. Braze Audience > Segments > Segment of interest > User Data > CSV Export User Data.
Your CSV file will contain a header named
Go to Voucherify Dashboard > Customers > CSV Import.
Click Upload. A preview of available fields will be displayed.
Click Map fields.
The only required field to map is the
user_id. Map this to the Voucherify field
Confirm by Pressing the Plus button to confirm the mapping.
Finish by pressing Import.
Once the import completes, you should see your braze customers listed in the Customers Manager in Voucherify.
Setting up the distribution
You can distribute codes to Braze using two modes:
- manual mode or
- define an automated workflow that triggers code delivery in response to an action taken by your users.
Manual mode works as a one-time action that assigns codes to a chosen audience. Go to the Distributions in your dashboard and run the Distribution Manager with the plus.
Choose Manual Message.
- Name your distribution.
Choose a campaign that will be a source of unique codes (1) and select a segment of users or a single customer as your receivers (2). Read more about customer segments here.
For instance, you can create a customer segment by filtering the
source_idby a common attribute. In the instance above, the nomenclature of the
source_idfollows the following pattern braze-voucherify-import-export-test-4, which lets us create a segment with a filter such as:
- Go to the Next step to add marketing permissions. If you don't collect permissions from your audience, disable the consents verification.
- In the Next step, choose Braze as a channel and map custom fields that will be added to the user profile in Braze. You need to add the field representing the code of the published voucher; the rest of the fields are optional.
- Choose Next step to see a summary of the distribution. Click Save and send to deliver codes to user profiles in Braze.
Note that all manual distributions are sent with 10 minutes delay.
Voucherify can push codes to Braze automatically in response to the following triggers:
- Customer entered/left specific Voucherify segment
- Successful code publish – the message is sent once the code from a campaign is published (assigned) to a customer in Voucherify.
- Order status changed (order created, order update, order has been paid, order canceled)
- Gift credits added – the message is sent once gift card credits are added to the customer's card.
- Loyalty points added – the message is sent once loyalty points are added to the customer's profile.
- Voucher redeemed – the message is sent to customers who successfully redeemed vouchers.
- Voucher redemption rollback – the message is sent to the customer whose redemption was successfully rolled back.
- Reward redemption – the message is sent when a customer redeems a loyalty or referral reward.
- Custom event was logged for a customer - the message is triggered once Voucherify logs a particular custom event.
To set up an automatic workflow with Braze and Voucherify, visit distributions tutorial.
Step 3: Use Voucherify custom attributes in your Braze campaign
Once the custom attribute with the code is added to the customer's custom attributes in Braze, you can use it in your Braze campaigns.