When assigning custom user roles, you can implement approval policies to protect your promo campaigns from internal fraud or errors. This article will guide you through Voucherify Approval Requests. First, we’ll describe how to create a request and then we’ll continue on with showing you how to approve a request.
You can turn on approval requests by creating a custom user role with limitations. Read more on creating custom user roles.
Before continuing you can also watch our Product Update video and learn how Voucherify can support big organizations with user roles and approval workflows.
How does it work?
If you create a user with limited permissions in Voucherify, you can turn on the following limitations, which will trigger an approval manager to be displayed before any changes are applied in the system.
- Adding vouchers to existing campaign
- Updating vouchers
- Creating standalone vouchers
- Create campaigns
- Update campaign
- Validation Rules changes
Changes are applied in the system only after a request is Approved.
|Request Approval Workflow|
The approval process is described below.
How to create a request?
A user with limited rights will be redirected to an approval workflow for a given operation. Simple operations will direct you immediately to select an approver. More complex changes will allow you to make changes within the manager and finally allow you to choose an approver at the end of the operation.
The first step is to choose an approver. Select the magnifying glass
Then choose an approver . Confirm with Select Users.
- In the Comment section, write a message to your approver to let them know what you would like to do.
- Click Save.
Viewing and Editing Requests
You will be redirected to My approval requests.
This is a list of all of your requested approvals and their current status.
Next to each request below the actions column, you have several options.
- View Comments will display more details about your request.
- Delete will delete your request.
- View wizard (available for more complex operations) will allow you to go back and make edits in the request and resubmit changes and comments.
If an approver requests changes to be made to your request, you will receive an email notifying you about the requested changes. You can navigate to My approval requests to make changes.
How to approve a request?
Each approver will have a list of pending requests in their que.
Navigate to My approval requests.
You will be presented with a list of requests that have been sent for your approval.
- For simple operations, choose View Comments to review the request.
You can immediately enter a comment and either Approve or Reject a request.
- For complex operations, click Open Wizard.
Finally, you can either Request changes, Approve or Reject a request.
- Request changes will change the status of the pending request to Requested changes and the originator of the request can make edits based on the feedback and resubmit the request.
- Reject will annul the request.
- Approve will approve the request and make the requested changes in the system.
Notification customization can be achieved by navigating to the Notifications Center > Personal Settings > Approval requests changed.
An approver will be notified about new approval requests and a requester will be notified about any status changes to the approval request.