In this tutorial, we are going to create a split discount for gift cards. With a clever combination of validation rules, we will ensure that customers can't spend the whole gift card balance during one visit – forcing them to return to use the total card balance.
- Add a product [Hydrotherapy Pool Session].
- Create a unique gift card campaign with proper validation rules.
- Add validation rules.
- Send codes to customers.
You don’t need to import your product catalog to Voucherify to run product-based campaigns. You can include your product id as metadata in the API calls.
Add a new product
First, provide the name, source id, and the price of the item.
The currency of your campaigns is set per project.
In the next steps, you may optionally add product attributes and metadata. Product attributes and metadata are used to create different variations (SKUs) of the same product.
Save the product and move on to create a split discount using gift cards.
Create a gift card campaign
Then provide the basic details of your gift cards:
- Campaign name.
- Auto-update (enable/disable).
- Customers can join only once (one customer can receive only one gift from this campaign).
- Category & description.
- Code redemption limit (1).
- Code count (how many codes should Voucherify generate).
- Code pattern.
Remember to check the Auto-Update box, which ensures that Voucherify will generate additional gift cards if you run out of the original pool of cards.
You may optionally establish time limitations to make cards valid only on particular days or only within a particular timeframe.
The hydrotherapy sessions cost $50, we'd like to offer our customers a $100 gift card to ensure two visits.
Add validation rules
- The customer needs to have a Hydrotherapy Session in the cart.
- A discount (gift card) is applicable only to this item.
- The customer cannot get more than one Hydrotherapy Session if he or she wants to use the gift card to purchase it – this way, the customer has to return to use all gift card credits.
The last step of the campaign is adding optional metadata.
Save the campaign. You've just created a split discount using complex validation rules.
Send cards to customers
Now, all that's left is delivering the cards to your customers via Distribution.
Go here to learn more about distribution capabilities.