In this section:
In this tutorial, we guide you through the installation of a Voucherify plugin for Magento. Then, we'll show you how Voucherify coupons and referral programs work in Magento stores.
Voucherify Magento plugin works for Magento® version 2 or later.
Go to the Magento® Marketplace and install a Voucherify extension
After successful installation, the extension has to be configured to work with your instance. To locate configuration page:
Go to Magento administration panel,
Open Stores > Configuration page,
Expand the Voucherify option from the left menu.
The extension configuration consists of two parts:
General configuration which determines:
- Discount application - define what price components will be discounted:
- Only subtotal,
- Subtotal including shipping,
- Subtotal including taxes,
- Subtotal including shipping and taxes.
- Order creation - when the customer completes an order, you can send the contents of the cart along with the coupon information. Then, you'll be able to use the order history to draw insights with Voucherify Analytics.
Here you can enter access keys to the Voucherify platform. Go to the Project Settings and copy your keys
You can also consult this guide to learn more about different aspects of user access in Voucherify.
Usage: Vouchefiry coupons in your Magento store
After successful configuration, the Voucherify coupon box should be displayed in the Review & Payments section of the order (below payment options).
An end-user can enter their code and confirm to trigger the discount validation. The validation sends “ validate” request to Voucherify API behind the scenes.
- If the coupon is valid, the discount is applied. (The end-user can cancel the discount at this point if they do so the coupon remains unused). The discount is applied to the price components you selected in the configuration step.
- If the coupon is invalid, an appropriate error message is displayed.
The coupon is marked as redeemed only after the order is completed (paid). The extension achieves that by a sending “ redeem” request to Voucherify API. In the end, the discounted price and other discount details are displayed on the order summary page.